"Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy. Waters will gush forth in the wilderness and streams in the desert." Isaiah 35:6

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A Birthday Note for Miriam

Dear Miriam,

Today is your birthday but you always told me that you did not want to celebrate your birthday anymore, so I won't say "Happy Birthday".


However, there are some things I do want to say to you my dear sister!


I never had any sisters....just brothers. I love them dearly, but how I wanted a sister!  In fact, when my baby brother, Gerald , was born I asked the nurse if she could please take him back and trade him for a baby sister! God had other plans! When I married my dear husband, in the package deal , came four sisters!!
  Yeah!  For several years I lived close to you and Doris and you could not have been a better sister to me!  I have so many fond memories!!  Remember planning your wedding?

" I want to look like an angel for Alex!", you said!  Guess what?  You did!!   Remember making the centerpieces for your reception...all those feathers and pink flowers! It was a perfect day ...you were a Princess and you married your Knight in Shining Armor!

I missed you so much when you moved away from California, but we still had a sister connection and I knew I could always talk to you!  I think of our first trip to Knoxville.....Warren was maybe 18 months old and my boys were maybe 11 and 12? I can still hear you playing Indiana Jones on the piano to teach the boys....they can still play it!  Remember making those Siu Mai....we said the one looked like George Washington!  How we laughed!!


Over the years we had many trips to TN and AL and you would come to CA. So many wonderful memories....and there will be more!  Remember when the guys were at Annapolis and went to your home for Thanksgiving
and we surprised them!? We all played "Rocky Top" on the violins......what fun we had! The one thing I could always count on....if I called to chat with you we always had a good laugh!  Cheered my spirits!

Sister, you are such a blessing in my life and I miss our chats! I can't wait for you to wake up so we can continue our story.

Forgive me but I have to say it...."Happy Birthday" dear sister!
I love you dearly....always have, always will!


God Bless You Miriam,
Love, your sister, Sally

6 comments:

  1. Wishing you a Happy Birthday .. Miriam.
    Miss your smile and laughter. Get well soon.

    - Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday dearest Miriam.Get well soon!!!

    ~ Grace & Danny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!! Miriam. We pray for our almighty God to wake you up and heal you completely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Miriam,
    Belated Happy Birthday! Praying unceasingly for your recovery and healing. Remembering many fond childhood memories..... I was hoping to reconnect with you via the Lin's your new neighbor. May the LORD's presence be with you all. Love Bob and Esther for the Cheung and Ong

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Miriam,
    Emily has been keeping up with you through Howie. I have missed seeing you at school and other places, I will be glad when you are able to be out and about again! I cannot believe that we have seniors! I know you are very proud of Howie and his wonderful accomplishments. I have the picture still in my email that you sent me of Emily being inducted into National Honor Society last year. You are so sweet to have taken that picture and send it to us!
    I am praying for a full and quick recovery! God bless you and your family and know that there are MANY people praying for you and keeping you in our thoughts.
    Much love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miriam, happy belated birthday....you are so beautiful. We miss you terribly. Libby & Randy

    ReplyDelete